Call Of The Himalayas
Delve into the fascinating world of mountain lore and the Himalayan beauty of Kashmir on this tour. Set out on foot to discover hiking trails, snow fed streams, lush green forests and nomadic hamlets. Swim in turquoise coloured lakes, fish for rainbow trout in the pure waters and sleep in tents beside a flowing stream. This tour begins with a three day traverse that delivers a wilderness experience across the backbone of the Sonamarg valley and is known as one in a lifetime experience. So grab your gear and head out on the mountains as your heart hears the call of the Himalayas and the soul responds.
Duration : 6 Days
Day 1: Arrive in Srinagar and Drive to Sonamarg
(72Km's / 2-3 hours drive)
Fly to Srinagar today and on arrival at the airport, board your pre-booked car for the journey to Sonamarg. En-route to the mountain resort, we will be stopping over in the city and enjoy a shikara ride for 90 minutes at the Dal lake. Later we drive past scenic valleys, green fields and the ever flowing Sindh River that runs opposite us at a thunderous pace to Sonamarg. On arrival check in at the hotel and spend the day at leisure. In the evening we gather for a trip orientation and later enjoy a bonfire barbeque. Dinner and overnight in hotel
Day 02: Trek begins from Sonamarg to Shekdur & Nichnai
We drive to the trail head and begin our first day of the trek deep into the mountains. This day we will walk relatively at a leisurely pace so that you get acclimatized to the altitude. The trail passes through pine forests and small brooks. On arrival in Shekdur, walk across the river and past the Shikari bridge. From here it’s a steep climb up the Galwanbal, a forest – covered mountain, to the top at an altitude of 3109 meters. Later the trail climbs gently through the Hirmapathri meadows, to an altitude of 3658 meters, and the Nichinai Nar stream. The trail then follows the narrow, steep valley of the Nichinai pass at 4080 meters.
Prices Are Exclusive Of:
•Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
•Daily Morning Tea, Breakfast and Dinner.
• A Kashmiri Traditional welcome on arrival.
• Welcome drink on arrival.
• Fruit Basket and Mineral water in room.
• Cycling around the village.
• Private vehicle on disposal basis for all days.
• Special themed picnic lunch while on a day visit to the Naranag Temple Ruins.
• All Arrival/Departure transfer as mentioned in Itinerary.
• All present applicable taxes as on date.
Alpine Style Tents
All Meals while on a trek
Private chef during the trek
(For Extra person a separate tent)
Prices Are Exclusive Of:
• Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
• Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
• Any personal items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
• Mineral water / Soft or hard drinks / Starters.
• Horse Riding
• Any other things that is not included in the “Package Cost Includes” Column.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
There is a glacier on either side of the valley here, and to the east lies the Bushkapatri range, while to the west lies the Sahnai range, covered in glaciers and snow beds. Nichinai is at 3620 meters, 900 meters above Sonamarg. We settle up in the camp for the night.
Day 03: Trek to Vishensar
After breakfast, we begin the hike by crossing the 4080 meters Nichnai Ridge and then follow the river before the pass to Vishensar lake situated at an altitude of 3810 meters above sea level. We camp on the slopes of the south-eastern side and later explore the surroundings. The lake is well filled with rainbow trout and this will be our experience in lake fishing today. We stay in tents for the night.
Day 04: Explore Vishensar
After breakfast, we will explore Vishensar lake and also take a short tour to visit Krishansar lake that lies adjacent to our campsite. Evening at leisure. Overnight in tents.
Day 05: Back to Sonamarg
After breakfast, we will retrace our steps to the valley floor and arrive in the late afternoon in Sonamarg. Here we are to be picked up by jeeps and driven back to the hotel. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 06: Drive to Srinagar Airport
After breakfast we retrace our steps to the valley floor and arrive in the late afternoon in Sonamarg. Here we will be picked up by the jeeps and driven to the hotel for a warm bath and a nice meal beneath the stars.
For A Couple
INR 65,500 /-
INR 17,000 /-
- The Villa Himalaya Special (Available on Request)
- Theme Breakfast by the River Side: INR 650/- Per Person
- Theme Lunch / Dinner (Kashmiri Wazwan): INR 2200/- Per Person
- Gourmet Trout Meal: INR 700/- Per Person
*Includes Rainbow Trout Fish and Chips along with fresh green salad and Kahwa.