Forest & Trails
Fly to Kashmir and then drive for two hours to the mountain valley of Sonamarg where you stay at a riverside hotel amidst conifer and walnut trees.
What to See
Experience rural mountain life; enjoy village walks, explore the forest trails, visit a village house and enjoy “tranquility”.
What to Do
A three day trip that focuses on hiking and picnic lunches. Hike beyond the hills of the village and feel the serenity of the Kashmir Himalayas. Relax with a book by the river while the people at the Villa Himalaya keep you entertained with delectable cuisines and lively conversations.
Day 01: Arrive in Srinagar /Drive to Sonamarg
(66 km / 02 hours' drive)
On your arrival at the Srinagar airport you will be met by our representative who will escort you to the vehicle. From the airport it takes around 02 hours to reach Sonamarg. We travel across terraced rice fields, small river valleys and on towards the mountains of Sonamarg reaching there by late afternoon or evening (as per flight timings). On arrival we will check in at the riverside hotel known as The Villa Himalaya where we stay for the next two nights and explore the village, the river-side and the hiking trails of the valley. Later in the evening, we will go a village walk exploring the life of the mountain people, their work style and what they do at leisure time. We will also visit a village house and sit and converse with a local family over tea. Evening at leisure, Overnight in hotel.
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
• Daily Morning Tea, Breakfast and Dinner.
• A Kashmiri Traditional welcome on arrival.
• Welcome drink on arrival.
• Fruit Basket and Mineral water in room.
• Cycling around the village.
• Private vehicle on disposal basis for all days.
• Special themed picnic lunch while on a day visit to the Naranag Temple Ruins.
• All Arrival/Departure transfer as mentioned in Itinerary.
• All present applicable taxes as on date.
Special for Honeymooners.
Candle Light Dinner
Chocolate Banana Cake
Day 02: The adventure begins: Hike & Picnic trip
After breakfast we march out of the hotel, with a small retinue of support staff and head towards the hills that lie immediately beyond the hotel. As we slowly clamber upwards we get back to nature on a trail that ranges from one to ten miles in the varied forest terrain. The beauty of the forest comes not just from the splendor that nature has seen fit to bestow upon this alluring corner of Kashmir, but also from the symbiotic relationship that exists between the woodland and those who live within its timber embrace.
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
• Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
• Any personal items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
• Mineral water / Soft or hard drinks / Starters.
• Horse Riding
• Any other things that is not included in the “Package Cost Includes” Column.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
After about 45 minutes, we come to a clearing where to our surprise a warm gourmet meal has been setup by the men from the Villa Himalaya. We are soon dining on pancakes, sandwiches, fries and chicken and fruits and desert. We later spend the afternoon in the glen enjoying a siesta or exploring the nooks of the forest. Later we descend back to base and arrive at the hotel in the early evening. Rest of the evening at leisure, overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Srinagar airport:
We wake up in the morning to a fabulous gourmet 3 course breakfast meticulously prepared from scratch and beautifully served. Later we check out from the hotel and begin a drive back to Srinagar. On arriving in Srinagar we will if we have time visit the old city for an hour’s walk or head to the airport for our flight home.
For A Couple
Child 5-12 Years
Child Below 5 years
INR 24,000 /-
INR 6,000 /-
INR 4,500 /-
- The Villa Himalaya Special (Available on Request)
- Theme Breakfast by the River Side: INR 650/- Per Person
- Theme Lunch / Dinner (Kashmiri Wazwan): INR 2200/- Per Person
- Gourmet Trout Meal: INR 700/- Per Person
*Includes Rainbow Trout Fish and Chips along with fresh green salad and Kahwa.