Mountain Trails & Village Walk
Treat yourself to a different kind of adventure and drive on a guided tour to experience some of the most pristine wilderness of Sonamarg in the valley of Kashmir. Enjoy breathtaking views of the snow capped mountains in the Kullan river valley as you travel through beautiful forests ringed by beautiful mountain scenery and dotted with a cluster of hamlets and terraced rice fields. This tour focuses on a varied terrain of outback mountain trails that pass through pine forests and ice fed streams and overlooks the beguiling panorama of the Indian Himalaya. Each day we show you a different aspect of Kashmir’s cultural village heritage, natural settings and ancient temple origins.Duration : 5 Days
Day 1: Arrive in Srinagar and Drive to Sonamarg (72Km’s / 2-3 hours drive)
Fly to Srinagar today and on arrival at the airport, board your pre-booked car for the journey to Sonamarg. This day we drive past scenic valleys, green fields and the ever flowing Sindh River that runs opposite us at a thunderous pace. On arrival check in at the hotel and spend the day at leisure. In the evening enjoy a bonfire barbeque. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 02: Explore the Surroundings: (Thajwass Glacier)
Today in the morning after a sumptuous breakfast, we drive for a half day trip to the Thajwass glacier. The trip will combine a half way drive and a halfway hike or horseback ride. Located in a side valley, the glacier glistens in the summer sun with its white snows. The approach to the glacier is through a wide plateau that is dotted with small grass patches and snow fed water streams. We spend some time here and later drive back to the hotel. Later in the evening you can enjoy some fly fishing (on request) in the Sindh River that flows close to the hotel. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Hike to Glen: (Daytrip)
This day we will begin an adventurous hiking trip to the back yard mountain trails of the Kullan valley. Laden with our picnic hamper, we will ascend the hill paths to a large open meadow at the top which provides breathtaking views of the village below. On the way up, we will cross paths with the herdsmen, village folk and an occasional nomadic family. We spend most of the day in exploring the nearby forest areas while our accompanying staff prepare the picnic lunch. Later enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch served by a private waiter,
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
• Daily Morning Tea, Breakfast and Dinner.
• A Kashmiri Traditional welcome on arrival.
• Welcome drink on arrival.
• Fruit Basket and Mineral water in room.
• Cycling around the village.
• Private vehicle on disposal basis for all days.
• Special themed picnic lunch while on a day visit to the Naranag Temple Ruins.
• All Arrival/Departure transfer as mentioned in Itinerary.
• All present applicable taxes as on date.
Special for Honeymooners.
Candle Light Dinner
Chocolate Banana Cake
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
• Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
• Any personal items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
• Mineral water / Soft or hard drinks / Starters.
• Horse Riding
• Any other things that is not included in the “Package Cost Includes” Column.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
whilst the rhythmic sound of the birds in the forest stimulates the senses. After lunch you can enjoy a siesta on the carpet laid beside you. We walk back to the hotel and spend the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 04: Village Walk and Temple Tour
With a charming hillside village, spectacular Himalayan panoramas and fine paths, our concept of the village walk is to facilitate an authentic underfoot experience and provide a snapshot of the village life. With a wonderful insight of life in the high mountain valleys, the unspoilt village of Kullan helps you experience it from close quarters. With snow capped peaks providing a stunning backdrop of the alpine forests and the Sindh River we begin with a nice walk on foot to explore and interact freely with the local community and exchange stories with the elderly and young alike over a cup of “chai”. Later we drive on an hour’s journey to the side valley of Naranag to visit its ancient temple complex. On arrival, we will begin to unravel the past stories of Kashmir’s Hindu origins. Our accompanying guide explains the start of Kashmir’s dynastic rules, myths and the importance of cultural diversities of which this valley is proud of. We drive back to our hotel in the late afternoon. Evening at leisure and dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 05: Drive to Srinagar Airport
We breakfast in the garden and later check out from the hotel for our journey back to Srinagar. On arriving in Srinagar, we will straightaway drive to the airport to catch our flight home.
For A Couple
Child 5-12 Years
Child Below 5 Years
- The Villa Himalaya Special (Available on Request)
- Theme Breakfast by the River Side: INR 650/- Per Person
- Theme Lunch / Dinner (Kashmiri Wazwan): INR 2200/- Per Person
- Gourmet Trout Meal: INR 700/- Per Person
*Includes Rainbow Trout Fish and Chips along with fresh green salad and Kahwa.