The Himalayan Saga
This trek is one of the most popular in the Kashmir Himalayas, offering vantage points of some of the most beautiful mountain panoramas and high altitude lakes: On the trail we pass four high-altitude lakes offering spectacular views of the surrounding peaks, and camp in alpine meadows. From the beautiful hill station of Sonamarg, the trail follows ancient routes trodden for centuries by the Gujjar’s, the nomadic shepherds of the valley. This ideal trek is for adventure seekers who wish to explore the remoteness of the Kashmir Himalayas.
Duration : 7 Days
Highlights: Alpine lakes, River Fishing, Trekking trails and sleeping in tents
Day 1: Arrive in Srinagar
and Drive to Sonamarg
On your arrival in Srinagar, you will be met by our representative who will then escort you to the picturesque valley of Sonamarg. Sonamarg lies at an altitude of 8950 feet above sea level and is known for its stark landscape and towering mountains. In Sonamarg, we check in at a hotel and spend the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 02: The game begins
We stay for another day at the valley base and take a hike to the village as well as enjoy a half day at leisure in the cool environs. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Trek begins from Sonamarg to Shekdur & Nichnai
We drive to the trail head and begin our first day of the trek deep into the mountains. This day we will walk relatively at a leisurely pace so that you get acclimatized to the altitude. The trail passes through pine forests and small brooks. On arrival in Shekdur, walk across the river and past the Shikari bridge. From here it’s a steep climb up the Galwanbal, a forest covered mountain, to the top at an altitude of 3109 meters. Later the trail climbs gently through the Hirmapathri meadows, to an altitude of 3658 meters, and the Nichinai Nar stream.
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
• Daily Morning Tea, Breakfast and Dinner.
• A Kashmiri Traditional welcome on arrival.
• Welcome drink on arrival.
• Fruit Basket and Mineral water in room.
• Cycling around the village.
•Fishing gear (Fishing Rod, Basket, Beit, Permissions)
• Private vehicle on disposal basis for all days.
• Special themed picnic lunch while on a day visit to the Naranag Temple Ruins.
• All Arrival/Departure transfer as mentioned in Itinerary.
• All present applicable taxes as on date.
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
•Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary:
• Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps
• Any personal items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
• Mineral water / Soft or hard drinks/Starters. Horse Riding
•Any other things that is not included in the “Package Cost Includes” Column.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
The trail then follows the narrow, steep valley of the Nichinai pass at 4080 meters. There is a glacier on either side of the valley here, and to the east lies the Bushkapatri range, while to the west lies the Sahnai range, covered in glaciers and snow beds. Nichinai is at 3620 meters, 900 meters above Sonamarg. We settle up in the camp for the night.
Day 04: Trek to Vishansar
After breakfast in the morning, we trek by crossing the 4080 meters Nichinai Ridge then follow the river before over the pass to vishansar lake at 3680 meters and reach the camp at 3810 meters. The lake lies in the widest part of the valley at the foot of the glacier. The slopes on the south – eastern side of the mountains are ideal for camping. The lake is just over a km long and about half a km wide. It’s stocked with trout, but as it’s within a national park, fishing permits are required. We arrive at our camp and stay near the lake for the night.
Day 05: Explore Vishensar & visit Krishansar
We trek across the stream that flows out of Vishansar from where the path climbs another 150 meters to the tarn of Krishansar at 3818 meters. Huddled within the small narrow valley, Krishansar usually has icebergs floating in it even as late as August and camp here for the night. Later on we walk back to Vishensar and settle for a quite dinner followed by an overnight in camp.
Day 06: Back to Nichnai and Sonamarg
After breakfast we retrace our steps to the valley floor and arrive in the late afternoon in Sonamarg. Here we will be picked up by the jeeps and driven to the hotel for a warm bath and a nice meal beneath the stars.
For A Couple
Child Below 5 years
- The Villa Himalaya Special (Available on Request)
- Theme Breakfast by riverside INR 650/- Per Person
- Theme Lunch / Dinner (Kashmiri Wazwan): INR 2200/- Per Person
- Gourmet Trout Meal: INR 700/- Per Person
*Includes Rainbow Trout Fish and Chips along with fresh green salad and Kahwa.