The Sanctuary Experience
Within the folds of Kashmir’s mountains lie hidden mountain valleys, dazzling rice fields and villages unchanged by time. On this magical trip, experience the wonderful Himalayas and enjoy a chance to meet local families, and discover the cultures of the mountain people. So set out on your own pace and enjoy day tours like a village walk, a horse ride, relaxing picnic lunches beside the river and a stroll through the trees to explore woodland wildlife.
Day 1: Arrive in Srinagar and Drive to Sonamarg
(72Km’s / 2-3 hours drive)
Fly to Srinagar today and on arrival at the airport, board your pre-booked car for the journey to Sonamarg. This day we drive past scenic valleys, green fields and the ever flowing Sindh River that runs opposite us at a thunderous pace. On arrival check in at the hotel and spend the day at leisure. In the evening enjoy a bonfire barbeque. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 02: Explore the Surroundings: (Thajwass Glacier)
Today in the morning after a sumptuous breakfast, we drive for a half day trip to the Thajwass glacier. The trip will combine a half way drive and a halfway hike or horseback ride. Located in a side valley, the glacier glistens in the summer sun with its white snows. The approach to the glacier is through a wide plateau that is dotted with small grass patches and snow fed water streams. We spend some time here and later drive back to the hotel. Later in the evening you can enjoy some fly fishing (on request) in the Sindh River that flows close to the hotel. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Enjoy a day out: (River side picnic & village walk)
Prices Are Exclusive Of:
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
• Daily Morning Tea, Breakfast and Dinner.
• A Kashmiri Traditional welcome on arrival.
• Welcome drink on arrival.
• Fruit Basket and Mineral water in room.
• Cycling around the village.
• Private vehicle on disposal basis for all days.
• Special themed picnic lunch while on a day visit to the Naranag Temple Ruins.
• All Arrival/Departure transfer as mentioned in Itinerary.
• All present applicable taxes as on date.
Special for Honeymooners.
Candle Light Dinner
Chocolate Banana Cake
Prices Are Exclusive Of:
• Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
• Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
• Any personal items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
• Mineral water / Soft or hard drinks / Starters.
• Horse Riding
• Any other things that is not included in the “Package Cost Includes” Column.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
With a charming hillside village, spectacular Himalayan panoramas and fine paths, our concept of the village walk is to facilitate an authentic underfoot experience and provide a snapshot of the village life. With a wonderful insight of life in the high mountain valleys, the unspoilt village of Kullan helps you experience it from close quarters. With snow capped peaks providing a stunning backdrop of the alpine forests and the Sindh River we begin with a nice walk on foot to explore and interact freely with the local community and exchange stories with the elderly and young alike over a cup of “chai”. Later we stroll down to a stunning spot on the banks of river and enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch served by a private waiter, whilst the rhythmic sound of the river stimulates the senses. After lunch you can enjoy a siesta on the carpet laid beside you or stroll along the riverside bank. We walk back to the hotel and spend the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
Day 04: Drive to Srinagar Airport
We breakfast in the garden and later check out from the hotel for our journey back to Srinagar. On arriving in Srinagar, we will straightaway drive to the airport to catch our flight home.
For A Couple
INR 65,500 /-
INR 17,000 /-
- The Villa Himalaya Special (Available on Request)
- Theme Breakfast by the River Side: INR 650/- Per Person
- Theme Lunch / Dinner (Kashmiri Wazwan): INR 2200/- Per Person
- Gourmet Trout Meal: INR 700/- Per Person
*Includes Rainbow Trout Fish and Chips along with fresh green salad and Kahwa.