Great Gormet Getaways
Travel to Kashmir and to a charming village situated at the edge of a rushing river in the mountain resort of Sonamarg
What to See
Experience rural mountain life; enjoy village walks, explore ancient temple complexes and serene valleys.
What to Do
A three day trip that focuses on culinary classes with the Villa Himalaya Chef & his crew. Enjoy each moment and the morsel that you painstakingly cook beneath the snow clad mountains of Sonamarg.
Day 01: Arrive in Srinagar /Drive to Sonamarg
(66 km / 02 hours' drive)
Arrive in Srinagar where you are met by our representative who will escort you to the vehicle. From the airport it takes around 02 hours to reach Sonamarg. We travel across terraced rice fields, small river valleys and on towards the mountains of Sonamarg reaching there by late afternoon or evening (as per flight timings). On arrival we will check in at the riverside hotel known as The Villa Himalaya where we stay for the next two nights and explore the village, the river-side and the culinary classes that the resident Chef whips for us. Evening at leisure, Overnight in hotel.
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
•Daily Morning Tea, Breakfast and Dinner.
• A Kashmiri Traditional welcome on arrival.
• Welcome drink on arrival.
• Fruit Basket and Mineral water in room.
• Cycling around the village.
• Private vehicle on disposal basis for all days.
• Special themed picnic lunch while on a day visit to the Naranag Temple Ruins.
• All Arrival/Departure transfer as mentioned in Itinerary.
• All present applicable taxes as on date.
Day 02: In Sonamarg
At breakfast we will be met by the person who will be teaching the class. Right after, we will begin in the garden by the river where we start prepping up. We will be there cooking until afternoon but it isn’t all cooking. While there, we will have some breaks. As the day proceeds we will set the table for lunch and eat far too much. Later we will spend some time relaxing perhaps with a book or some soft music. In the early evening, we will be accompanied by a guide who will take us on a village walk where we experience the lifestyle as well as the local foods of the natives here. Overnight in hotel.
The culinary class for today is: Secret recipe for the Trout palate, created by our Chef who has been featured on the National Geographic Travellers Magazine India and Outlook Travellers Magazine India
Prices Are Inclusive Of:
• Any Airfare, Train fare, Overland Journey which is not mentioned in the Itinerary.
• Any Medical/rescue evacuation due to mishaps.
• Any personal items like Laundry, bar bills, table bills, camera fee, tips or any other item.
• Mineral water / Soft or hard drinks / Starters.
• Horse Riding
• Any other things that is not included in the “Package Cost Includes” Column.
• Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
Day 03: Trip to Naranag drive to Srinagar airport
We wake up in the morning to a fabulous gourmet 3 course breakfast meticulously prepared from scratch and beautifully served. From the fruit plate, to the main course and then, yes, coffee. The chef “Keshav Thapa” takes extra special care to bring you one of the best breakfasts you have ever had. The breakfast is five star dining, not in its formality, but in the presentation and quality. Later we wrap up our visit and head to Srinagar and en-route visit an ancient temple complex dating perhaps 3000 years into history. Later we drive onwards to the airport for your flight home. (The sightseeing will depend on your flight timings)
For A Couple
Child 5-12 Years
Child Below 5 years
INR 24,000 /-
INR 6,000 /-
INR 4,500 /-
- The Villa Himalaya Special (Available on Request)
- Theme Breakfast by the River Side: INR 650/- Per Person
- Theme Lunch / Dinner (Kashmiri Wazwan): INR 2200/- Per Person
- Gourmet Trout Meal: INR 700/- Per Person
*Includes Rainbow Trout Fish and Chips along with fresh green salad and Kahwa.